Saturday, November 1, 2008

Ramping up...

Today we met at the tidal basin to do our run along the mall and by the monuments. After getting a little lost I finally made it just in time to start our 65 minute run. We ran over 6 miles today and I felt pretty good considering the fact that I have a cold coming on. I was a little annoyed that in the 20 minutes I left my gloves and water unattended that someone stole them, but I am guessing that person needed my sweaty gloves more than me so that is okay. I won $25 today after our run to go towards my fundraiser, so that was exciting since I never win anything! I had been the one that kept reminding everyone we had to do the drawings so people were joking how I had rigged it.

In other news, I have my election bake sale fundraiser coming up on Tuesday and will be baking ALL WEEKEND in preparation for the big day. If you are going to be in the north Arlington area on election day, please stop by as I will be pretty lonely! I am going to be at Nottingham Elementary from 6am to 10am and then at Madison Community Center from 4:30pm to 7pm.

With my new diet I can not eat any of these lovely treats, so I need someone to take them off of my hands! I will have Starbucks in the morning and pastries and baked goods all day! Speaking of diet, I am pretty proud of myself as I have not really cheated at all on the diet yet and didn't have one single piece of candy for Halloween, that has to be a first in 25 years! I sometimes think about wanting a carb or something sweet but so far I am just taking the diet on day at a time and it seems to be working as I have actually felt "normal" these last few weeks.

No comments: