Wednesday, November 5, 2008

Election Bake Sale Results

While I did get off to a very rough start for the bake sale yesterday I did manage to pay back all my debts and walk away with a surplus of $110 dollars! I had been hoping to make more than that, but things just didn't go as planned. In the end, however, I got to meet so many wonderful people in my community that were interested in learning about Crohn's and Colitis or that knew someone who had it or had it themselves. I heard so many stories and got so much encouragement for my race and dealing with my disease, which is an experience that money can not buy.

I would like to thank my mom and Chris for all of the hours that they spent baking and wrapping baked goods. There is no way I could have done this without my parents and Chris. Also, I want to thank my boss for baking as well and my friend Jane for helping me set up my tent in the rain. I also wanted to thank all of the strangers that helped me through donations and those that helped me set up and take down my station. In particular the one kind stranger who seeing that the bake sale had not gone as planned gave me a huge donation, which without his donation I would have barely broken even! Yesterday truly made me believe that humanity does still exist in more ways than one. As for the 150+ baked goods I still had left over, they have been donated to Arlington homeless shelter so more people can enjoy all of the hard work that went into making the desserts.

1 comment:

Rachel said...

Good job with the bake sale... I'm glad it ended up working out well for you in the end.

Where did you have the bake sale at?