Monday, December 1, 2008

Recommitment Day

Today was recommitment day in which you pledge to move forward with Team Challenge in training for the 1/2 marathon and fund raising. I am happy to report that I am recommitting and am so excited to be part of the first Washington, D.C. Team Challenge program.

I hope everyone had a great Thanksgiving. I had a busy but wonderful time seeing family, friends and football (VT football to be exact). I might have outdone myself a little bit this weekend as I went into a flare. Since going off the steroid, even my strict diet has not been able to keep me from flaring, which basically means getting sharp pains throughout the day in my side and belly region. It is hard to run during a flare so I have not run since Thanksgiving. I did however do really well and shaved off 11 minutes from my previous Thanksgiving 10K last year and 3 minutes off my best 10K time from the spring!

I am hoping this short break from running will not hurt me too much. I go to the doctor on Wednesday and will be starting a new medicine shortly so hopefully that will help.

1 comment:

Rachel said...

Lisa, I hope you're feeling better soon. I've had a couple breaks of a few days here and there during my training the past few months and have noticed the first couple days are tough, but then your body remembers what you're doing and you get back on track. I'm sure you'll do great this week... keep positive thoughts!!
And congrats on your recommitting... I did, too and it feels great! Hope to see you @ the Jingle All The Way 10K. :-)