Friday, December 5, 2008

Happy Hour Fundraiser = Success!

I am running out of the door in a few minutes to go learn how to inject my new medicine into me and then heading to New Jersey for the weekend. I have had a really busy week. I went to the doctors on Wednesday and we decided I needed to go on Humira right away. Humira is a TNF blocker that should hopefully but me in remission. The only bad thing is I have to give myself the injections using a needle every two weeks. I will let you know when I return how things go.

More importantly I wanted to thank everyone quickly for coming out last night for the happy hour! It was a huge success, beyond what I even imagined. By the end of the night I raised $565 DOLLARS! This puts me at 98% for achieving my goal!

Again I can not thank you all enough for coming and bring your friends! I am sorry I did not get a chance to talk to everyone. We might have to do another happy hour to celebrate my 1/2 marathon once it is over! Then I can spend more time with everyone!

1 comment:

Rachel said...

Hi Lisa -

Hope your new medicine is working out good for you and you enjoyed your wkend in New Jersey.

Congrats on your Happy Hour success!! Way to go at achieving your goal for Miami.

I saw you're doing the Jingle All The Way 10K... maybe we could meet before the race. :-)