Tuesday, December 9, 2008

Week 10

After having a rough time last week with my Crohn's Disease, I am on the road to recovery. I was able to run 4.5 miles yesterday and 8 miles tonight. I ran with Cindy and Chris tonight and I thought that Chris was going to kill me as I picked the hilliest route in all of Arlington. What doesn't kill you makes you stronger!

My injections went well on Friday, the injections burn like hell. I had been warned, but it was still not what I expected. I am hoping I get used to it as I have more injections. The nurse did the first two and I was suppose to do the last two. I messed up on my first try but was able to do all of my injections. I will be giving myself one every two weeks, so I will get lots of chance to practice. So far the medicine has been helping as I am having minimal pain and have gone off of my diet and am now back to eating carbs. I am hoping this medicine continues to help as I am less then 2 months away from the 1/2 marathon!

3 comments:

KtownP said...

Hi there - I'm a fellow nestie with Crohn's. Could you tell me what injections you are currenty on? And, by the way congrats on your blog and marathon training.

Lisa said...

I am on Humira and so far it is working out wonderfully, I kind of wish I had gone on it sooner. I just hope they don't cause an infection and that I can get used to the pain when I have do do the actual injection.

Rachel said...

Good luck with the new medicine... glad to hear that it's working out great for you so far. I'm sure your positive attitude helps.

It was fun seeing you @ Jingle All The Way 10K this past wkend.