Sunday, December 28, 2008

One Month Left!

In exactly one month I will have hopefully be sunbathing by my sister's pool in Miami and will have my first 1/2 marathon behind me! I am very excited that there is only a month left but it also means that I have to push myself harder this month to reach my goal for the race. Today I ran for 6 miles under 9 minutes a mile so I was very pleased, especially since Chris was not around to push me.

Todays run was perfect weather (64 degrees) as that is what the weather should be when we start the race at 6am in Miami in a month. Earlier I ran this week inside on treadmills and I realized that I really do hate treadmills. I wanted to run more inside to get used to warmer climates but I just can't seem to do it. I am hoping to at least push myself in the next few weeks to do one run inside per week but it will not be pretty. The inside runs really got me scared about the heat in Miami, but today running outside (granted it was cloudy) I did fine so I will hope for a cloudy morning the day of the race.

I slowed down some this week in terms of training due to the holidays but I will be able to bounce back in the weeks to come. I also got some new running shoes and a weeks worth of both warm and cold weather running stuff for Christmas! I am so excited since some of the stuff I have been wearing was 10 years old! Which on the up side I guess it is exciting that I could still fit in them! I hope everyone had a chance to spend some time with there families and that you all have a happy New Years!

4 comments:

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
K said...

I hate treadmills as well.

1 MONTH!

MilissaBee said...

Wow, you are really dedicated. I am so proud of you.

Also, Please email me your address. I wanted to send you a Christmas card. My email is Milissa77@gmail.com.

Thanks and you are doing great.

Rachel said...

Happy New Year, Lisa!! Congrats on reaching your minimum - you're doing awesome w/ running & fundraising :-)

Keep up the good work... I wish you the best 2009 and it's awesome we get to start the new year in Miami running our 1/2 for CCFA!!