Saturday, March 20, 2010

National 1/2 Marathon

This morning Chris and I ran the National 1/2 Marathon along with our friend Rich. It was gorgeous weather and the race went really well. Chris did awesome for his first 1/2 Marathon with a time of 1 Hour 55 Minutes. I held him back a little bit as he stayed with me for the first 10 miles. I finished in 2 Hours 1 minute. I had really wanted to finish under 2 hours but not too bad with two bathroom stops. I managed to shave 7 minutes off of my Miami time so at least I am improving. Just have to work harder at finishing under 2 hours for the Boston 13.1.

I am really happy to have the opportunity to run this race and the 1/2 Marathon in Boston with Team Challenge, but then I think I am going to stick to the 10 miler races. For some reason I just can't get over how much harder the three additional miles are. Good thing I have no desire to do a full marathon! Plus, lately once I have been getting around 10 miles running it sends my stomach into distress afterwards. Apparently Crohn's Disease does not appreciate all the hard work I am putting into finding a cure for it. Oh well a good excuse to spend the day working on the fundraiser in bed, I can take advantage of the warm weather tomorrow!

Due to the race we skipped practice today, but later this week I hope to post about another mentor's experience with Crohn's Disease.

No comments: