Wednesday, January 21, 2009

Running + Cold = No Good

I am leaving for Miami tomorrow and should be more excited then I am. Over the last few days I have come down with some sort of stomach flu/cold that has had me down for the count. I still have 4 days till the Race so I am hoping for a miracle that I can be well by then. Regardless, I am still going to do the race and have a great time with my Team and my sister (she lives in Miami). I just might not get my best time, but that just leaves room for improvement.

If anyone has any great ideas of how to get over a cold quickly, let me know! I have been resting the last few days and getting plenty of fluid so hopefully I will start feeling better soon! In the mean time, no running for me until I get down to Florida!

3 comments:

K said...

Ok, here's what you do.
1. Go to a Robeck's (or juice store) near you and have them make you a wheat grass shot. Ask for a chaser, because it will taste like tangy lawn. However, if you do these consistently before you go (or since you're leaving tomorrow, one today and one tomorrow), it will reduce the severity of your cold. I'd also get some Vitamin C chewables and munch on those, drink plenty of fluids (either water or green tea), chicken broth/soup, and get some rest. DO NOT push yourself.

Good? Good.

~Jewish mother/Kate

Diana said...

Lisa, good luck!!! I know you will do well ... you've been training so hard! Like you said, you will finish ... don't worry about your time, what matters is that you have put in all this work for your cause and exceeded your fundraising expectations. Take good care of yourself and please be proud of your accomplishment, no matter what!

Diana
(dmuppet7)

Diana said...

Hey Lisa! I just looked you up and saw you did AWESOME at your race! I am so, so impressed, especially considering you were fighting a cold all week.

CONGRATS! Can't wait to hear more about your day.