Sunday, January 11, 2009

2 Weeks Till Miami!

This week for our team run we met at the Capital Crescent Trail in Bethesda. This week I ran with Nicole who runs at a similar pace as me and who I hope to keep pace with during the big race. We did our last long run before the race and ran somewhere between 11 and 11.5 miles. Then a bunch of us hit up Starbucks to talk about our race and fundraising.

I am very proud of our team as we are still working very hard to reach our fundraising goals. In fact I even made it out to two fundraisers last week! This is the first time Team Challenge has had a group in D.C. and we have already raised $117,000, which means we are 90% of the way to reaching our $130,000 goal. It is hard to believe that roughly 50 people could raise that much money over several months, it is a huge accomplishment that I am so proud to be a part of.

Today my minister was talking about challenges or tough situations that God puts in your life and how maybe God cares more about your character than your comfort and that is why God gives you "thorns in your side". Crohn's Disease has definitely been a thorn in my side both figuratively and literally but I know that it is helping me to become a better person in a strange way. I am not sure if I would have done this group had I not had this disease and I look back and realized that I would have missed out on so much had I not done this.

No comments: