Tuesday, October 14, 2008

My First Training Session - October 11th

I went to my first training session on October 11th and had such a fantastic experience. I am so fortunate to find myself surrounded by such motivated people. I never wanted to join a support group because I was always affraid that their would be all of this negativity within the group. However, as I meet more and more people with UC or Crohn's the more I realize that maybe the support group would not be such a bad idea as we are all in this together. I am finally glad I am surrounding myself with others that can understand what I am going through which I think is an important step in moving forward.

We ran 4.5 miles in a hilly section of Arlington (I am being to think all of Arlington is hilly) and I was very happy as I ran the whole thing and was able to stay in about the middle of the pack. There are 65 of us training, so hopefully I will always be able to find a running partner. This weekend I ran with Mary and Renee....Mary has Crohn's as well and Renee had driven all the way up from Richmond to do the training sessions as a friend of her's recently passed away due to Crohn's complications in August at age 23. I can not say enough how friendly everyone I have met has been!

The rest of the weekend I looked into trying a new diet of no carbs or sugar, which might help with the stomach pain and I also worked on a plan to raise the money for CCFA. More info on both of these topics to come.....

1 comment:

backyardsandbottles@gmail.com said...

Congrats to you for being dedicated! Good luck (from a Nestie)!