Friday, October 24, 2008

Diets and Desserts

So I have officially maded it through the intro phase of my new diet I am trying that has worked for others with Crohn's disease and UC. This diet, the specific carbohydrate diet, is a strict grain-free, lactose-free and sucrose-free diet that adds up to a whole lot of no fun. I am actually not quite missing carbs yet and feel very empowered with my homemade yogurt and chicken soup I made this week, but I know it will get old. Slowly over the next few weeks I should be able to introduce vegetables and fruit back into my diet, which I have been missing for 2 years now. Nothing like going from one extreme to the other.

In other news, I am planning to do a bake sale fund raiser at an election site in Arlington on November 4th (6am-9am then again at 4:30pm till the goods run out). So if anyone is interested in stopping by or helping out, send me an e-mail!

No comments: